Lesson from a Hopper

Everyday the same,
Wake with a sleepy eyes,
With things to do that day running in mind,
Brush trying to wipe of pending work,
Dress thinking of status meetings,
Eat with haunting memories of mangers.

Everyday the same,
Drive with hundreds of tensions in mind,
Smile at colleagues wondering their work status,
Wish boss with a cajoling nod seeing the watch,
Reach the workstation check mails with anxiety,
Reply to high priority client mails.

Everyday the same,
Work with strict deadlines ready to pounce,
Lunch from the cafeteria, food with no mercy for taste buds,
Droopy eyes waiting to finish work and rest,
Watch on the time ticking fast and the mounting work,
Look at the watch after hours its quarter past eleven.

Everyday it’s the same,
I don’t have Sundays or holidays,
I am paid well, to maintain luxury not enjoy,
I see friends to just boast of my high position and pay,
I know matching their enjoyment with mine is impossible,
I understand my tough life.

Everyday it’s the same but this day,
I saw a grasshopper and remembered,
Nursery story the ant and the grasshopper,
I am the ant not the hopper but what pleasure to gain,
Work till death and never enjoy the hopper’s life,
I learnt a lesson.

Everyday is not the same,
Happy hopper’s lesson I learnt,
What is important in life is to live for today not tomorrow,
Worries of tomorrow make us forget today’s happiness,
Life is a cup of happiness drink it till the lease,
Be a hopper and an ant to live life, for you get the boon only once…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where are you?

Her Dance