When is the right time?

 Few days back I had attended a funeral. My colleague’s father who was 91 years old died of Corona virus, even after the traces left him. I observed that most of them, who had come to the funeral said only one thing, might have been nice if he had lived for few more days. While my colleague acted as if the man had died in his prime age. No offence meant, I felt 90 is God’s abundant love, his blessing for the man to live more and see three generations after him.

While just yesterday one of my neighbor’s mother passed away with a massive cardiac arrest, I happen to hear the same comments, she was just 65 years, and this is not the time for her to die, too early for God to take her away. It is not fair on the part of fate, well this put me to think, is there any right age to die, that we would feel satisfied and say yes, he/she died it is a good age to die? Well in my opinion no human prefers to die at any age, be it 90 or 16. Life is precious to us, so precious that even after living a life for 90 years we feel few more years will be fun.

But, ideally does fate/God give us some kind of timeshare that hey, you can live till 40, and you till 90 you only 16, no. As everybody would say Life is short. But of course, not as short as one of my student’s daughter who lived only for 10hours after her birth. My husband said that her purpose on Earth is over and so she has left. Well is it so are we born on earth for a purpose? If so are we doing it well? How do we know that we have completed the purpose for which we are on earth? Too many questions to answer. Well I am not Sadguru Ji I don’t have answers to

these questions, but I can surely say 1 thing. Yes, all of us on earth have a purpose for living. Even a cow or a dog every living being on earth have a motive. If not our existence is meaningless.

Well can you tell me what is the motive of me being on earth, I am handicapped can’t do anything on my own, I depend on my mother for even cleaning myself, asks a poor crippled boy who lives two streets away from where I live. Well I see it this way, the purpose of his existence, is for others who have good hands and legs and who are not dependent
on others to know how lucky they are, how much God/nature has bestowed their love on them.

I understand well yeah! Enough of all this jazz, why are you trying to say all this to us? This would bring back to my first question, my title, when is the right time? We really don’t know. Who knows I might die tomorrow, or live for 60 more years and trouble my kids and family (on a funny note), for all the God/fate given days lets think one thing, do something even at a very microscopic way to help others. It could be to shew away a bully boy troubling a little puppy or teaching good values for the next generation. Some small way contribute to the people around you. So that when that day arrives God knows when, we don’t feel that we could have done something better; maybe we could have lived a better life. Why should I leave so soon? I feel that level of satisfaction would come when we give back and not always be on the receiving end.

Well I can see few of my readers saying well you have lots to give well off in the society, so you can think of helping others, we can’t, we are not in such a situation, we live a hand to mouth existence, even if your situation is so, at the least giving a little grain from your plate to an ant or standing up for an elderly woman/man to sit while you travel, or planting a tree in your neighborhood and caring for it, or it could be just to spend more time with your aged grandparents or parents. Something in a small way, contribute to the society, so that you may really rest in peace when the day comes, be it expected or unexpected.

For now signing off..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where are you?

Her Dance