A letter to my daughter

As I sit near you this day,
Daughter I am only reminded of the day,
When I first heard you cry, my unforgettable day,
A pink, fair skinned, white queen you were born that day,
You squeaked and twisted your little body in my hands, your first day,
I saw you yawn and sleep without making any noise that fine day.

Parenting was a challenge, I thought that day,
You crawled and walked straight to me after a few day,
When you first said “daddy” and hugged me, I was the happiest man that day,
I felt proud to take you out for walks in our garden everyday,
Our family trend of abhorring our neighbors, you puked on his face that funny day,
I enjoyed all the little tricks that you did with your tender, little hands everyday.

Those little drops of tears that I wiped off on your first school day,
Is still fresh in my mind. You came back running and saying, it was a gay day,
Merriment was not far away from me, when you topped the scores on your school day,
You grew up to be a young lady one beautiful spring day,
I called you my little princess from that day,
You were always my best partner in our dancing party day.

I remember it was your graduation day,
When your face seemed radiant on that gleeful day,
You introduced me to your future caretaker that day,
I felt you were too young for a relationship, thinking you to be my little kid everyday,
Your mother’s eyes proved my thoughts wrong that joyful day,
My eyes were filled with tears, for my little princess was a lady this fine day.

My memory is fresh the most awaited wedding day,
I had a feeling that you were a fairy dressed all in white such a beautiful day,
As we walked down the aisle hand in hand, I was a proud father that day,
On seeing your wedding, tears wetted my cheeks, you held my hand firmly, a joyous day,
I knew it was a day to part from you, the most sorrowful day,
With a drop of tear and a kiss you bid me good bye on your wedding day.

Days passed by and gloominess filled me, missing your presence everyday,
One morning you gave glad news, for I was to be a granddad soon, awesome spring day,
By summer, I would have a little child on my lap to make a proud day,
When you used to walk with me in the gardens, talking about your tours lovely days,
That winter by the window we sat talking about your childhood and your darling days,
Your beautiful face with a glow, a mother-to-be a memorable day.

Soon it was summer and my prayers increased with your fears on the unexpected day,
It was a beautiful morning, when the doctor confirmed the day,
Expectations, anxiety mounting as you screamed with pain that day,
I saw a pink, fair skinned, white queen just like you such a beautiful day,
Just to mar my happiness the doctor, announced you’re failing health day,
It was a day of happiness and worries what a gloomy day.

You were happy to see your little daughter, merry in my hands that summer day,
Though happy, it was a difficult task to act before you that day,
Every night when I kissed you good night, I prayed God to grant another day,
Mornings, I wake you and see your happy face everyday,
Wishing that you would be alright some day,
Praying God, to add my days to your days.

That spring, the words you told me daughter that day,
“Father, you have always been my Guardian angel, be the same for my daughter”
And you closed your beautiful eyes, holding my hands just the way you did the first day,
Gloom spread everywhere as you left me to your heavenly abode that day,
Daughter you gave me your days, so I could take care of your daughter everyday,
I would for I see you in her my dear daughter missing you all days.

As I sit near your grave, with flowers in your daughters hands, on your birthday…
Daughter I tell you, I miss you everyday,
For you are my fairy queen and my God sent gift refreshing my days,
For every dad, his daughter is the best, so are you to me my dear daughter.

Comments

Anonymous said…
puresmiles.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading puresmiles.blogspot.com every day.

Popular posts from this blog

Where are you?

Her Dance